Last Updated on October 16, 2022 by Shane
Unlike other easy animation making softwares in the market, Renderforest is an all-in-one software. You can animate, design logos & websites, and create mockups of your products or designs with this software.
This software is one of my favorites among its competitors, and I recommend it. The quality of the animation is pretty decent. Although the logo and website design quality are not very premium, it is worth the price you pay.
Renderforest is best for small business owners or entrepreneurs who need an easy tool with multiple functions. With this single software, you can create logos, promotional videos, and almost everything a business needs. If you run a social media agency or anything similar, this software will be very useful. You should definitely get this software if you’re planning to start a business because it has everything a small business needs.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. If you click through and purchase an item, we may earn a commission which will help us in creating more valuable content for you. Please check our terms of service for more details.
This unbiased review of Rederforest will show you all you need to know about this software. I’ll talk about its features, pros and cons and how powerful this software is. You will get to know what is Renderforest used for, how useful it is, how much does it cost, and if you need this software or not by the end of this article. By the end of this article, I’m pretty sure that you will be able to decide if you should use this software or not.
Is Renderforest the best easy animation-making software in the market? What all can you create using this software? What should you know about this software before you buy it? Are there any other better softwares in the market? If yes, what are they? Let’s find that all out!
|$9.99 – $49.99 per month
|What is it used for
|Promotional videos, ads, explainer videos, logo design, website design, etc.
|Windows & MAC
Here’s a short summary
I used Renderforest for one of my personal projects. I didn’t know much about this software and I wasn’t expecting much from it. However, I was surprised by how easy it was to use. Its interface was clean and simple.
Although there were some minor issues in rendering the final videos, I didn’t face any major issues with this software.
- You can create animated videos quick and easy with this software
- You can create videos, animate and design logos, websites, mockups and graphics with this
- You can quickly turn your script into a video using its AI
- It has premium quality preset characters and objects
- The price is quite affordable compared to its competitors
- You can try it for free before paying anything
- You don’t have to download or install any software to use it because it’s a cloud-based software
- You can also design social media posts and many more with it
- There were some issues with the music while I was working on the logo animator
- You will face some issues in adding voice-overs to a video
- You don’t have the option to add your own fonts
- You cannot use it if you don’t have an internet connection
- Since they are trying to be good in so many things, there are some weakness for now
- Designing websites in it is not very good comparing to other website designing platforms
Do You Really Need an Animation Software?
Asking yourself if you really need an animation software before buying one would be a good decision.
Why do you need an animation software? If it is for making just one animated video for your project or other works, you shouldn’t buy it. You should instead outsource it to Fiverr or Upwork or any other freelancing platforms. That will save you time and money.
However, if your plan is to make multiple videos for your business or any other purposes, you should definitely buy it.
What is Renderforest?
Renderforest is an easy all-in-one online branding software where you can create animated explainer videos, logos, websites, mockups and graphics like social media posts and more.
It has video templates for almost all purposes ranging from intros to animated explainer and promotional videos. This makes creating animated videos fast and easy.
Even if you don’t know anything about graphic designing, you can make your products look professional and attractive. Rederforest makes it fast and easy to do that.
This software can also create fully responsive websites without any coding in minutes. You can design professional websites even if you have zero knowledge about web designing.
Designing a logo can be an expensive and time-consuming task. However, it’s less expensive, easy and fast to do it with this software. It will take only a few minutes to do that.
With this software, you can also design almost anything from social media posts to infographics and posters without any knowledge about graphic designing.
Things You Should Know About Renderforest Before You Buy it
- It’s an all-in-one branding software where you can create videos, logos, mockups, websites and graphics
- It is an easy-to-use software where you can create high-quality videos and designs with minimal time and effort
- Since they are in so many things, there are some drawbacks. For example, designing websites on Renderforest is not very flexible
- Rederforest is used by some well-known companies like Sony Music, Bose, BBC, Vodafone, Ericsson, etc.
- You can pay per product or go for the monthly subscription which is billed yearly
- It is best for business owners, freelancers, social media agencies, etc.
- It is a cloud-based software which means you cannot use it if you don’t have an internet connection
- They have good customer support
Renderforest is trying to simplify everything about creating an online presence. It simplifies creating animated videos, logos, websites, mockups and graphics. It has a simple and clean user interface which makes it an easy-to-use software.
Small business owners and social media agencies are loving this software because of all the things it can create and its quality.
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
I have used multiple animation making softwares, however, Renderforest is different. It’s different because you can create more than just animated videos with it.
Why You Should Use Renderforest
- Anyone can use this software because it is very easy to use
- It has all the required branding tools for small business owners, entrepreneurs, etc.
- You can create so many things other than just animated videos
- It allows you to create animated videos, logos, websites, product or design mockups and graphics for social media and others
- It has high-quality designs assets and templates
- The price is reasonable and affordable
- It is flexible to use compared to its competitors Toonly, Animaker, etc.
- You don’t have to pay anything just to try it out
- You can also create 3D explainer videos
Why You Should Not Use Renderforest?
- It’s not flexible enough like other professional animation-making softwares like Adobe Animate, Moho Pro, Blender, Krita, etc.
- You can’t play around much with their preset templates
- Adding voice-over to a video can be frustrating and time-consuming
- You have to pay every month or year to use it
What Is Renderforest Used For?
Renderforest is not just an animation making software. It is designed for multiple uses. It is used for creating
1. Animated Videos
Renderforest is used for creating animated videos in few minutes. It’s one of the best easy animation making softwares in the market.
Yes, you also design logos using this software. If you want to start a business or any new project where you need a logo, Renderforest can create it for you in few minutes. Honestly, the quality of the design is not the best, but it is usable. If you don’t want to spend much on a logo, this is the best option.
Again, not the best platform for creating a website, but you can design a decent quality website in few minutes using Renderforest. It’s quick and easy to use.
Renderforest can also be used for designing graphics like social media posts, brochures, leaflet, business cards, etc.
What People Are Saying About Rederforest?
I did some research on the internet on what people think about Renderforest. Most of them are positive reviews. There are few negative comments; however, they are mostly regarding payment and money related issues. I had a similar problem, but they resolved it quickly. You should watch out for that if you are making a purchase.
Here are some screenshots of users’ words from trustpilot.com.
Recommended Alternative Tools
CreateStudio is a new easy animation making software in the market and it’s crushing its competitors. As a motion graphic designer, I recommend this software mainly because of its beautiful premium character designs and other elements. It’s the most flexible software among its competitors.
It has both 2D and 3D characters and elements to animate. And my favorite thing about this software is that you don’t have to pay every month to use it. It’s one-time payment software.
Pricing: CreateStudio’s pricing range from $99 to $299 per year. However, you can also get it at only $67 if you use this affiliate link. It’s 30-days money-back guarantee. Moreover, it is a one-time payment, which means you don’t have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription.
Adobe has been my all-time favorite. By Adobe Character Animator, you can animate any characters in real-time using your expressions and movements. You can turn any art into an animated character with your webcam and microphone. You don’t have to use different complex keyframes to animate in this which is cool.
Pricing: Unlike other Adobe products, it comes only with Adobe Cloud which is $52.99/month. There’s no option to buy only Adobe Character Animator separately.
Website: Adobe Character Animator
This cloud-based easy animation making software will save you time and money in making any animated videos. It is made for non-professional video makers and has more than 4 million users worldwide. It allows you to select a template you like best or start from scratch.
You can use 2D character animations, props and backgrounds, upload images of your own, add effects, edit text, and add some music. And after creating the animated videos, you can download it to your PC or export it to Facebook or Youtube. You can’t create 3D animation with it.
Pricing: You can try it for free but the final video had their watermark. The starter package is $19 and the business package is $39. These are monthly charges and billed monthly.
Check out my list of 6 Best Animation Making Software That Anyone Can Use (2021)
Overall, Renderforest is one of the best easy animation software in the market. I think it’s one of the most accessible tools for creating premium quality short promotional videos for businesses and other purposes.
It’s perfect for making animated social media posts like Facebook posts, Instagram stories, Tik Tok posts, etc. Renderforest is excellent for motion graphics as well, but not as flexible as Adobe After Effect.
Renderforest’s multiple preset animation actions make it so easy to animate any object or characters which will save time and work. The preset characters are all professionally designed and I love them all. Unlike other animation software/tools, all the preset characters are of premium quality.
Renderforest’s multiple preset animation actions make it so easy to animate any object or characters which will save time and work. The preset characters are all professionally designed, and I love them all. Unlike other animation software/tools, all the preset characters are of premium quality.
It is quick and straightforward to animate using its preset animation actions; however, it’s not as flexible as other professional animation software like Adobe Animate, Unity 2D, etc.
I think Renderforest will become the best easy animation software that everyone loves. I recommend this if you’re looking for an easy tool for motion graphics and short animated videos for promotional videos or social media ads.
If you run a digital marketing agency, Renderforest can save some money. Or if you want to create animated videos and become a freelancer, you can sign-up to websites like www.fiverr.com and start animating on Renderforest.