Last Updated on October 24, 2022 by Shane
I have picked the best examples of animated marketing videos and listed them in this article so that you don’t have to keep searching for them everywhere.
This huge list will inspire you and help you find what you are looking for.
Let’s not waste any more time and get started.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. If you click through and purchase an item, we may earn a commission which will help us in creating more valuable content for you. Please check our terms of service for more details.
Why are Animated Marketing Videos or Commercials Important?
Good animated marketing videos and animated commercials can help your business build strong branding and grow.
Animated videos will help you enhance your branding and stand out from the crowd if you are using illustrations or some characters in the branding elements.
Making live-action videos or commercials can be expensive sometimes. Or you might not have enough marketing budget for live-action videos.
Well, in that case, animated videos or commercials will be beneficial.
They don’t cost as high as making live-action videos, and you have a very low chance of getting unexpected final results.
Or, if you love animations and are into art and design, animated videos and commercials will allow you to show what you love through your brand.
Examples of Animated Marketing Videos or Commercials
Here is the list of extremely good examples of animated marketing videos or commercials for your inspiration.
Some of the animated videos are mixed with live-action videos. I’ve included them in the list to help you get inspired to think outside the box.
1. Dumb Ways to Die – Metro Trains, Melbourne
Dumb Ways to Die is one of the best examples of using animated videos for a campaign in a smart and effective way.
It is a public campaign started by Metro Trains in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, to encourage railway safety.
After its release in 2012, the campaign video got viral on social media. Now it has more than 250 million views on YouTube.
In 2021, a company called PlaySide Studio acquired Dumb Ways to Die franchise for $2.25 million from Australian Metro and released NFTs with the name BEANS in 2022.
McCann Melbourne is the advertising agency that created this campaign.
Metro Trains, Australia claims that there was a more than 30% reduction in “near-miss” accidents, from 13.29 near-misses per million kilometers in November 2011 – January 2012, to 9.17 near-misses per million kilometers in November 2012 – January 2013.
The song and the music play a crucial role in it. It was written by John Mescall and performed by the lead vocalist of Tinpan Orange, Emily Lubitz, with McGill’s backing vocals.
2. A Future Begins – Chipotle
Chipotle Mexican Grill created a short film Supporting the Next Generation of Farmers with a powerful message.
The music of this marketing short film plays one of the most important roles in making it an outstanding film.
It is a cover of the song Fix You by Cold Play done by Kacey Musgraves.
3. A Can Size for Every Aussie! – Heinz Australia
Heinz Australia created this beautiful 3D animation commercial in 2017.
It is so good that it has more than 80 million views on YouTube till now.
This cute and heartwarming short film is 3:15 minutes long.
This kind of simple yet powerful animation style is also used by companies like Headspace.
Making these kinds of animated commercials cost lesser than those 3D animations.
Sometimes this kind of simple and creative style can do the same thing those 3D animated videos can do.
5. Med Mart
Using 3D illustrative designs for animation is not that common, but Med Mart has beautifully used it on this animated video to explain what they do.
This is a great example of using illustrative 3D designs on animated videos.
6. The New Microsoft Icons – Microsoft
Since Microsoft has a lot of money to spend on marketing and advertising, this amazingly crazy 3D animated video campaign in one of the best quality animations.
7. Anifilm Festival 2020 Trailer – Anifilm
This trailer for Anifilm Festival 2020 was created by David Stumpf.
The use of bright colors, playful characters, and designs give it the vibe of a festival and celebration.
David is known for his style with bright colors and lines in his design and animation.
This kind of animation is excellent for celebrations, festivals, events, anniversaries, etc.
However, you should be careful if the design and animation are way too off from your brand style.
8. Best Nutrition – Purina
Turning beautiful illustrations into a marketing video is a great idea.
This Purina’s promotional video uses beautifully designed characters and graphics and added some simple animations.
This is one of the best examples of using beautiful illustrations with simple and minimal animations.
9. I’m With The Banned – Spotify
This is part of a campaign series called I’m With The Banned done in 2017.
These three animated series Around 2am, The Bathroom Bans, and Silence = Death are one of the most beautiful animations used in marketing videos.
11. Life is Better When You Share the Ride – Lyft
Lyft came up to tell a heartwarming story using beautiful animation.
12. All in a Day’s Work – Mailchimp
A series of claynimation created by Buck for Mailchimp in collaboration with It’s Nice That.
You can what all the 12 episodes of the series here.
13. What is Bloomberg – Bloomberg
This is the best example of what futuristic corporate animated marketing videos should be like.
14. Super Sync Sports – Google Creative lab
An illustrator Rami Niemi collaborated with Google Creative Lab in 2013 and created an animated video for Chrome Super Sync Sports.
It was a new Chrome experiment that uses the unique features of mobile devices to create a new gaming experience on big and small screens.
15. Flash – Guide Dogs
16. Slack Teams Do Amazing Things – Slack
Made in 2016, it’s still a great animation.
17. Why does Starbucks blend coffee? – Starbucks
18. Logistics and Supply Chain – IBM
19. Less Noise, More Life, Bowhead Whales – WWF
20. Step into a Miniature World – National Geographic
21. Introducing Magic Share – Lark
22. Small Wonder – Mount Saint Vincent University
23. Morgan Stanley IQ – Morgan Stanley
25. Less Lazy Money With a Bankwest Home Loan – Bankwest
26. Android: Be Together, Not the Same – Nexus Studios
27. Anthem- Mailchimp
28. Work, Simplified – Slack
29. The Place You Want to be – Volkswagen
30. Happiness Factory – Coca-Cola
Created in 2006
31. Imagine What You Could do – American Express
Imagine what you can do is a series of 5 animated videos with the same style.
1. Imagine What You Could do – Technology
2. Imagine What You Could do – Big Data
3. Imagine What You Could do – Travel and Life Services
4. Imagine What You Could do – Career after College
5. Imagine What You Could do – Social Media
32. Delivery Dance – Grubhub
Released in 2020, it has more than 20 million views on Youtube
33. Every Product Carbon Neutral by 2030 – Apple
This is an example of how to use kinetic typography in marketing videos. Simple yet powerful.
34. SumTotalCare – Summa Health
35. What Would Christmas Be Without Love? – Erste
Created for the Christmas of 2018, this 3D animation is a heartwarming one. Has more than 86 million views on YouTube.
36. Air Reinvented – Nike
37. Polar Bear Family Film – Coca-Cola
Created in 2013,
38. Curiosity – Hendrick’s Gin
39. GULP and Dot – Nokia
Created in 2011 when Nokia phones were a thing. This stop motion animation is a beautiful use of the medium.
40. Wonderfilled – Oreo
41. In Pursuit of Greatness – Wimbledon
Love the change in the styles of animation according to years.
42. Breaking Down Walls – Airbnb
In 2014 Airbnd creates this animated video based on a true story.
Now it has more than 6 million views on YouTube.
43. Saving Up (Holiday Tails) – Petco
This stop motion animation is different from other animation styles in this list.
44. End-to-End Encryption – Whatsapp
45. An Age-old Healing Technique Redefined – Shaktimat
46. Meet The CATIBA Pro – Cariuma
Cariuma is my favorite brand, and this animation is so creative and amazingly made.
47. What is Matter – MatterAp
This animation and illustration style is very unique and beautiful.
48. I’m Fine – Dove + Cartoon Network
Dove collaborated with Cartoon Network and made this animated video with a powerful message.
“What they say isn’t always how they feel.” is the message the short video is giving to the parents who have teenage children.
49. Mindfulness by Apple
50. Department of Family Travel – Emirates
51. What is Salesforce – Salesforce
52. Let’s Internet Better – Google
53. What Is Hootsuite? – Hootsuite
54. Welcome to the Age of No Code – Webflow
Abstract 3D graphics and futuristic
55. Meet Nest Hub – Google Nest
Join the Tribe
Stay updated with the latest tools and software. We don’t spam.
56. Spotify Ad Studio Music Promotion – Spotify
This is another great example of using kinetic typography beautifully for your marketing videos.
57. Google Home – Google
What if I say that you can create a powerful explainer video without a voiceover or songs?
Well, this video by Google shows you how to crush it.
This explainer video is an example of how to make an explainer video with a voiceover explaining the product.
Google has beautifully shown their product Google Home and explained it in a very clever way while showing the product.
58. Work Without Limits – monday.com
This animation explainer video is an example of using photograph, kinetic typography, and some elements in a clever way.
59. The Story of Our Workflow – Kasra Design
Kasra Design creates explainer videos in both 2D and 3D.
This explainer video shows you the process of making an explainer video in 3D.
60. Your Work Manager. But Better. – Asana
Mixing photographs and cool graphics is another cool way to make explainer videos.
This Asana’s explainer video called “Meet Asana, your work manager. But batter.” shows how to do that.
61. What is Ahrefs? – Ahrefs
62. Visa Direct – Visa
63. Remember the Blue Sky – Headspace
Headspace has adapted this style of animation and illustration throughout their branding, and it’s a very clever and brilliant move.
Below is one of the cool videos from their series of multiple videos like this.
64. What is Google’s Advanced Protection Program? – Google
Using simple 3D shapes and animation to explain their advanced protection program Google has nailed this explainer video.
65. Intercom Overview – Intercome
This simple and quirky style of illustration and animation makes this Intercom’s video stand out from the crowd.
66. Zendesk – Zendesk support
This is a great example of using live-action videos and animations together to create a great explainer video.
67. Hybrid Cloud Flexibility – Microsoft
68. Square Online Checkout – Square
Simple minimal and not expensive way to make a great marketing video and explainer video.
69. By The Numbers – MasterCard
70. Build the Future at Dropbox With Us – Dropbox
71. How Calendly Works – Calendly
72. The NFT Marketplace With Everything for Everyone – Opensea
73. CMO.com Explained – CMO by Adobe
74. A Safer Way To Manage Your Passwords – Google
75. Clever Devices
77. Crazy Egg
78. [email protected]
79. The Social Media Management Tool for Small Businesses – Buffer
That was the list of extremely good examples of animated marketing videos.
There are thousands of animated marketing videos out there; however, these are some of them I like the most.
I have picked these because they are beautifully designed and animated, and in some of the videos, the storytelling is phenomenal.
Some of the videos are so simple and yet powerful that anyone with great ideas can create them by using some easy animation software like CreateStudio.
Get Updates & Offers in Your Inbox
Stay updated with the latest tools and software. We don’t spam.
If you’d like to get to know more about it, you can check out my detailed review of it, “CreateStudio Review”.
You can also check out these comparisons and reviews
Let me know what you think about this comparison in the comment, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated about new tools and updates.